Ok, so I appologize, but this is not going to be a good recap at all, more like a picture expo. Take it or leave it. These late nights are killing me. Enjoy.
Arrived at the Honda Center and there were a ton of Pens fans walking in. I was surprised. There wasn't a Ducks jersey in sight! Not until I walked in the doors did I spot any. I immediately felt like I had died and gone to Pitt heaven. It's not often you get to see so many Pens jerseys out here in SoCal. It was a glorious sight, much like when Staalsy scores a goal.
Sights around the arena:
There was a guy wearing a jersey that had "NOTRE DAME" across the back and I was like, "really dude, really?" Is there something I'm missing here? If so, please do tell cuz I was sure it was a jersey foul of some kind. I tried to take a picture of him, but it came out all blurry.
View from my seat which was actually really good. Plus it was seat number 11. Yeahhh Staalsy :)
This guy knew exactly what he was doing when he put on this old Mighty Ducks Sykie jersey.
I was not happy when I watched him hi-five some Ducks fan after they scored a goal.
This was floating around prior to the puck drop. Wtf? Giant creepy sheep.
Btw, the Rubios at the Honda Center was selling fish tacos for freakin' $4.50 apiece! Rip-off! It was a Tuesday too, hello- Taco Tuesday. They had a shitty beer selection too. I opted for water and they gave me a giant cup full of ice to go get water from the drinking fountain. Really? Fail.
Oh, hey there, Mr. President
Good to have you back.
For Candy Man Fan
God, I love seeing Brooksie wearing an "A"
Danny Balls looking BAMF
- Letang got a goal yeahhhhhh! I immediately yelled, "That's my boy!"
- Gogo's goal was so sweet.
- There was at least one time there was a total slash not called by the refs when Crosby's stick broke. I watched it happen. Such BS.
- There was definitely at least two high-stickings that didn't get called either. Tanger got one really bad up against the boards and Matt Cooke did too!
- Sid had a crazy save! There were bodies all flailing around the net. I couldn't see anything as it was down at the other end of the ice. People were cheering and I feared that the Ducks had scored even though there hadn't been a goal horn yet.
- Speaking of unreal saves, MAF had some last night as well. Champion goalie fer sher.
- Staalsy was the third star. Yay.
- Kris was the second star!!!!
It was a fun night. I am supposed to be going to LA tomorrow, but I don't know if my friend is going to pull through with tickets and my ride or not yet. I will be pissed if he falls through. I want to see Bobby Scuds! I can't NOT go! I will be devastated if I don't. I need to say hi to Courtney too. Also, I do actually have real friends going to this game who I haven't seen in years and if I don't get to see them I will be pissed. Working on San Jose next.
Let's go Pens!